Application Procedure: Candidates can apply to the posts through the online mode on or before 15 February 2019. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the finally submitted online application for future reference.
Vacancy Details: Executive Trainee (Electrical/Electronics/Civil)
Eligibility: B.E./B.Tech/B.Sc (Engg.)
Total Vacancies: 50
Last Date: 15 February 2019
VACANCIES & RESERVATION
Details of number of vacancies and reservation shall be indicated in the notification to be published on our website before commencement of Online Registration. However, reservation shall be provided to OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/PwD candidates depending on the number of vacancies and as per Govt. of India Directives.
Candidate should have appeared in the corresponding paper of GATE 2019 as shown in the following table and Qualified in the same. The qualifying marks shall be as declared by GATE 2019 Organizing Body.
|Post||Corresponding GATE 2019 Paper|
POWERGRID may also use the GATE 2019 scores for recruitment for other positions depending on requirement.
- Upper Age Limit : 28 years as on 31.12.2018
- Essential Qualification
|Full Time B.E./||Electrical/||Electronics /||Civil||Minimum 65%|
|B.Tech/ B.Sc||Electrical (Power)/||Electronics &||Engineering||or|
|(Engg.) from||Electrical and||Communication/||Equivalent|
|recognized||Electronics/||Electronics &||CGPA *|
|University/||Power Systems||Telecommunication /|
|Institute||Engineering/||Electronics & Electrical|
|Power Engineering||Communication /|
Final Year / Semester students who expect their final results by 14.08.2019 are also eligible to apply, provided they have obtained 65% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate of all semesters/years up to pre – final examination. In case of selection, their candidature shall be subject to their securing minimum 65% marks in essential qualification.
Such candidates need to mention their marks up to pre-final examination while filling up the online application form for POWERGRID.
- For instruction on conversion of CGPA into percentage, refer to points 7 and 8 of “GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS”.
RELAXATIONS AND CONCESSIONS
- The posts are identified suitable for the following subcategories of PwD:
Posts: ET (Electrical)/ ET (Electronics)/ ET (Civil)
- Deaf & Hard of Hearing
- Orthopedically Handicap – One Leg/ One Arm, Also includes Acid Attack victims and Leprosy Cured persons with the above disabilities
- Combinations of (i) and (ii) above
- Reservation/ relaxation/ concession to OBC (NCL)/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Ex – SM/ J&K Domiciled/ Victims of riots shall be as per Government of India
- Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall only be eligible for the benefit for
- Relaxation in Marks in essential qualification for SC/ST/PwD candidates:
Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to pass marks for posts reserved for the respective category/PwD Subcategory as per the final detailed advertisement to be issued before commencement of online registration.
- Relaxation in Upper Age Limit:
- ForOBC(NCL) candidates : 3 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
- ForSC/ST candidates : 5 years (for posts reserved for the respective category)
- For PwD candidates : 10 years over and above category relaxation
- J&K Domicile / Ex- Servicemen/ Victims of riots
: As per Govt. of India directives
- Reservation/ Relaxation / Concession for SC / ST will be subject to submission of relevant Caste Certificate in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at time of application and interview, if called
- Relaxation / Concession for J&K Domiciled / Ex-Servicemen/ Victims of riots will be subject to submission of relevant Age relaxation cum Domicile certificate /Discharge certificate etc. in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority at time of application and interview, if called
- Reservation and Relaxation for OBC (NCL) will be subject to submission of a copy of the latest OBC (NCL) certificate in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India for “Appointment to posts under of India” from a competent authority at the time of application and interview, if called for.
- Reservation / Relaxation / Concession for Persons with Disability is subject to submission of medical certificate in prescribed format in support of disability issued by the Government Medical Board at the time of application and interview, if called
- Candidates working in POWERGRID are advised to refer to internal circular before filling up the application.
- Relaxation/ Concession for POWERGRID Departmental Candidates
- No Upper Age Limit
- Qualifying Marks in essential qualification is relaxed to 50% for General and OBC (NCL)
- Departmental Candidates shall also be required to qualify in the corresponding paper of GATE
- No application fee for applying in POWERGRID
Trainees working in POWERGRID shall not be considered as Departmental Candidate . Please refer to Internal Circular before filling up the application for further details.
The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2019, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2019, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE)/ Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE)
Candidates qualified in corresponding paper of GATE 2019 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE 2019 shall be as decided by GATE 2019 conducting authority.
Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2019, in the corresponding paper.
Candidates shall obtain information about their status through their login at the POWERGRID Online Application System. Shortlisted candidates shall be able to download their interview call letter and other relevant documents through the candidate login.
Candidates shortlisted for the Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to bring the documents as mentioned in their interview call letter.
Candidates must qualify in the Personal Interview in order to be considered for empanelment. The qual ifying
% in interview for different categories are as mentioned below:
|Category||Qualifying % in Interview|
|OBC (NCL) / SC/
|30% ( for posts reserved for the corresponding category as per notification to be
issued before online submission of application to POWERGRID.)
Group discussion will not have any Qualifying Marks.
Weightage of Different Parameters
For calculation of final score of a candidate for empanelment, the weightages of marks obtained in GATE, Group Discussion and Interview shall be as indicated below:
|GATE 2019 Marks (out of 100) in corresponding Paper||85%|
Empanelment of Candidates
Candidates who qualify in the Personal Interview will only be adjudged suitable for empanelment. Therefore it is again reiterated that candidates will have to qualify in GATE 2019 and in Personal Interview separately in order to be considered eligible for empanelment.
Please note that only GATE 2019 score (Normalized Marks out of 100) is valid for this recruitment process. GATE score of 2018 or prior is not valid.
The offer of appointment shall be issued to the suitable candidates in the order of category wise merit and based on the requirement. Selected candidates shall be notified through their login in Online application system.
Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the Pre -Employment Medical Examination to be conducted as per POWERGRID Norms and Standards of Medical Fitness.
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND
The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete the prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is INR 5,00,000/- for General/ OBC (NCL) candidates and INR 2,50,000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Candidates have to register themselves and appear for the corresponding paper of GATE
- For details on GATE 2019, please visit http://www.gate.iitm.ac.in/
- A separate notification with details regarding number of vacancies, reservation, important instructions regarding submission of POWERGRID online application, date of interview etc. shall be hosted on o ur website, from 10th January 2019.
- Application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 15th Jan 2019 to 15th Feb 2019. Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website with details of their GATE 2019 Application No., GATE 2019 Registration Number and other required information, which will be made available at CAREER section of powergridindia.com.
5. SC/ST/PwD/ Ex-SM/ Departmental candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. You are required to login to your candidate login section and then deposit non-refundable application fees of Rs. 500/- through online mode only. On submission of application fees, your application process will be treated as complete.
- Candidates will be required to retain their GATE 2019 Admit card and GATE 2019 Score card for verification at the time of GD/ Interview / Joining in
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Only Indian Nationals of age 18 years or above are eligible to apply for
- Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this
- Essential qualification should be recognized in India and from a recognized Institution or
- Vacancies are for requirement all over the country, mostly on site Selected candidates shall be posted for OJT and final postings accordingly.
- Management reserves the right to cancel / restrict /enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment/ selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason
- Date of issuance of final mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring
- Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University /
- Percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor’s
In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
- Candidates working in organisations / PSU are required to produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Interview.
- Candidates claiming reservation under OBC (NCL) should belong to OBC- Non creamy layer as on last date of online submission of application to
- Candidates selected in POWERGRID are liable to be posted anywhere in India and
|Online Application||Click here|
|Application Form Last Date||15 Feb 2019|
|Advt. No.||CC /07/2018 dtd. 03.09.2018|
|Official Notification||Click Here|