Vacancy Details: 969 Sub Inspector of Police Posts
Eligibility: Under Rule 14 of TNPSS and TNSPSS Rules
Last Date: 19 April 2019
Application Procedure: The Eligible candidates can apply online from 20 March to 19 April 2019.
1. Tamil Nadu Uniformed Services Recruitment Board invites online applications from the candidates for the posts of Sub- Inspector of Police (Taluk, Armed Reserve and Tamil Nadu Special Police) with pay scale of Rs.36900 -116600.
- Details of vacancies are as follows:
|Name of the Post||Name of the Service||No. of vacancies||Total|
|General/ Men||Women |
|Sub-Inspector of Police (TK)||Tamil Nadu Police Subordinate Service||462||198||660|
|Sub-Inspector of Police (AR)||193||83||276|
|Sub-Inspector of Police (TSP)||Tamil Nadu Special Police Subordinate Service||33 (Men)||—||33|
|Quota||Percentage of overall |
|Departmental quota||20%||Serving police personnel meeting eligibility criteria under Rule 14 of TNPSS and TNSPSS Rules.|
|Sports Quota||10%||Sports persons who have represented National, State or Inter-University in specified 15 Sports / Games.|
i. Written examination for departmental quota is held separately. A departmental candidate may apply for both open and departmental examination, if he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.
ii. In case required number of candidates are not available for any of the special quotas (Departmental and Sports) the vacancies would be transferred to general quota and filled on communal reservation.
iii. Communal reservation is provided within each quota as per existing rules.
4. PSTM preference:
During the final provisional selection, 20% of vacancies shall be set apart on preferential basis for the open candidates who studied the Bachelor’s degree in Tamil Medium.
5. Age Eligibility:
The applicant should have attained the age of 20 and should not be aged above 28 years as on 01.07.2019. The upper age limit relaxation is given to certain categories as follows:-
|Category||Upper age limit|
|BC (Backward Class), BC (M), (Backward Class [Muslim]), MBC (Most Backward Class)/ |
DNC (De-notified Community)
|SC, (Scheduled Castes), SC(A) (Scheduled Castes [Arunthathiyar]), ST, (Scheduled Tribes).||33 yrs|
|Destitute Widow||35 yrs|
|Ex-servicemen/Ex-personnel of Central Para-military Forces (Discharged from service within 3 years from the date of notification i.e. must have been discharged on or after 08.03.2016) / Serving persons who are going to retire within one year from the last date of receipt of online |
|Departmental candidates appearing for departmental quota examination||45 years|
6. Educational Qualification:
The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree obtained from Institution / University recognized by University Grants Commission / Government in 10+2+3/4/5 pattern or 10+3+2 pattern in case of Diploma courses. However, candidates who have obtained Bachelor’s degree through Open Universities without going through 10+2+3 pattern will not be eligible. Candidates should have studied Tamil as a subject in X/XII/Degree. If not studied, candidates will have to pass the Tamil Part-II Test conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission within 2 years of joining the service.
Community based reservation and reservation for women will be as per existing rules. Community Certificate issued by Tamil Nadu Government only will be considered for communal reservation.
8. Norms for PMT, ET and PET are mentioned in the Information Brochure.
9. Written Examination Centre: Examination centre will be intimated at the time of issuing Hall Ticket by TNUSRB. The Board reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of examination centres and can re-allocate the candidates to any centre on administrative grounds
10. Examination fee: Applicant will have to pay examination fee of Rs.500/-. Departmental candidates appearing for both Open Quota and Departmental Quota examinations will have to pay Rs.1000/- as examination fee. The payment options are both online (Net-banking/Credit card/Debit card) and offline (State Bank of India cash challan).
11. Online Application: Candidates can apply only through online at www.tnusrbonline.org. Any other mode/ form of applications will be summarily rejected. Call Letters for Written Examination will have to be downloaded from website. No postal call letters will be issued.
12. Provisional Selection: After completion of the Viva-Voce the candidates will be provisionally selected for the post of Sub- Inspector of Police (TK, AR and TSP) based on the marks obtained by them in written examination, PET, Viva-Voce and Special marks and age eligibility by following the rule of Communal Reservation.
13. Medical Examination and Verification of Character and Antecedents :- The provisionally selected candidates will be subjected to Medical Examination and Verification of Character and Antecedents.
14. The candidates should go through the details of notification in the Information Brochure available at the Board’s website before submission of online application.
|PDF Notification||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|